TORQ Energy Natural Orange fueling drink has been painstakingly formulated so that it delivers TORQ's unique blend of multiple-transportable carbohydrates and electrolytes to the working muscles through a drink that is lightly flavored, refreshing and most importantly natural.
500ml (~16oz) of TORQ Energy contains 30g of carbohydrate and represents 1 TORQ Unit, which provides you with the same carbohydrate dose as a TORQ Gel or TORQ Bar. This is the core concept behind the TORQ Fueling System, which makes fueling for endurance sport extremely easy to understand.
For further details on how this system works, please visit:
* NATURAL Flavors
* NO Artificial Sweeteners
* NO Colors
* NO Preservatives
* Optimal carbohydrate blend (2:1 Maltodextrin:Fructose)
* With 5 key electrolytes
* Available in 'Single Measure' re-usable/recyclable aluminum canister
Suitable for Vegans
- 2:1 Maltodextrin:Fructose: This drink's ingredient matrix has been brought in line with some of the most recent research into energy drink formulation. Two published studies* in 2005 offered quite staggering results when Maltodextrin (a long-chain glucose polymer) was mixed with Fructose (fruit sugar) at a 2:1 ratio and since then, many more studies have demonstrated similar benefits*. Although Maltodextrin alone has been proven to be considerably more effective than Fructose in isolation, when the two are mixed in this 2:1 ratio, significantly more carbohydrate is made available for use. These studies have demonstrated that a 2:1 Maltodextin to Fructose mix caused athletes to absorb and use 40% more carbohydrate compared with consuming maltodextrin alone. What are the benefits? Quite simply, the increased availability of carbohydrate means that you will be able to sustain a higher pace for longer using TORQ energy, making this product the most advanced formulation available to endurance athletes on the market today.
- Electrolytes: TORQ energy contains Sodium, Chloride, Magnesium, Potassium and Calcium to replace the 5 electrolytes lost through perspiration. These salts maintain homeostasis within the body, allow it to hold onto water and preserve muscle function. Some brands do not include all of these electrolytes in their formulations, or run them at lower levels than they should - some include none at all.
- Natural Flavors and No Colors or Preservatives: Under exercise stress, digestion is affected as blood is diverted to the working muscles, so irrespective of the health debate surrounding the consumption of artificial ingredients, during exercise is certainly not the time to take them. Therefore we only use natural flavors that the body can recognize and break down easily and we don't use colors or preservatives (artificial or natural), because they simply don't need to be in the product.
No Artificial Sweeteners: For the same reasons as highlighted above, we don't believe in the use of artificial sweeteners like Aspartame, Acsulfame-K, Saccharine and Sucralose. These artificial sweeteners are 100's of times sweeter than sugar and Aspartame/Acsulfame-K in particular are particularly controversial with regard to long-term health. Type either of them into Google and you'll get the general idea.
Below, we have listed typical ingredients across our Energy lineup:
Typical Ingredients: Maltodextrin (Glucose Polymers 60%), Fructose (30%), Citric Acid, Natural Flavor (2%), Electrolytes (Sodium Chloride, Calcium Lactate, Potassium Chloride, Magnesium Carbonate).